I am exhausted.
Friday afternoon rolled round and I was dragging my legs behind me. . . before 9pm I was flaked out on the lounge. EVEN after a mammoth 13 hour sleep I didn’t yet feel revived?? It’s Sunday morning now, Saturday night was pretty much Friday on repeat (LAME) – BUT I AM JUST SO TIRED!!
Because, this is what I have done in the past two weeks. . .
- Attended the TEACHMEET– at which I did two presentations: “How students best learn” and a 15 minute work shop on Edmodo
- Delivered the 6 hour White Card induction package for construction, AFTER school to 20 year 9- 12 students – this included preparing all the material/marking tests in free periods 😦
- 3 days at YEAR 7 camp! It rained for 17 hours straight on day 2. . . enough said.
- An EXCITING VISIT to NBCS – thanks to Liam Dunphy – I got to see their new TAS building and learning spaces!
- Conquered a bout of cooties = a day off work post camp, something camp related I’m sure!
- Decided that TAS teachers needed a FORUM to be able to communicate on. There wasn’t one, so with NO background experience, I MADE ONE? . . . yes, it was as challenging as it sounds!! BUT NOW THERE ARE 120 MEMBERS 10 DAYS LATER!!
- Organised/held a VET Construction incursion for the concreting unit of work- the class created a concrete path in 6 hours!!
- Had the WS-iiate term 1 branch meeting @Cherrybrook HS
- Ran “Crazy Hair Day For kids” to support the Leukaemia Foundation- in one day we raised just shy of $700!!
– Oh yeah, in between and around all this I went to work from 7:30am each day- planned/taught lessons, marked assessments, proof read folios, wrote TWO year 12 half yearly exams, prepared 2 classes of reports, wrote chapter two of my book, read 120 pages of another two and still managed to find the time to do a spot of internet shopping!!
AND!! I also need to add, that I have been doing the last TWO WEEKS WITHOUT MY COFFEE MACHINE!!! .. .it’s visiting the doctors 😦
WOW! Imagine if I wrote down what I did for each week in the term, not just two?
Imagine if YOU did . . . it may explain why you feel tired too!!
SLIDESHOW OF MY TWO WEEKS IN PICTURES: